Sunday, June 13, 2010

Perfect Day, Part Deux!

(Blogger was being silly and wouldn't let me upload anymore pictures to the 1st post so you get a 2nd!)

After the bust at the Fruit Loop, we stopped at Full Sail Brewery for some lunch and then we were on our way for the next leg of our trip. On the way, we stopped at Packer Orchards & Cookie Stop Bakery, because, really, who could resist a name like that.


And we saw this handsome fella! 


Our last major stop was much further east, towards the end of the gorge.
Maryhill Stonehenge
It's a full size replica of the one in England, this one dedicated to the fallen soldiers of WW1.

A view of Mt. Hood, through the pillars.



Not a great shot, but you can see the wind turbines on the hillside - very much put use in the desert atmosphere of the eastern side of the Cascades.
On our way back, instead of driving back the same way we came, we headed north to Yakima and drove back through Washington (Oregon is odd in that the state law doesn't allow us to pump our own gas.  You have to wait for an attendant to do it for you...so we chose to stay on the Washington side of the border).

It was a gorgeous day and I'm so happy we went.  We did end up with a little sunburn from the sunroof being open but it was worth it!  For the rest of the weekend, I think we're just going to lounge and grill some steaks up for dinner and watch the True Blood season premiere!

Rico is finally finished with this quarter at school...that make him 3 classes away from graduating! Yay!  2 this summer and one more this Fall!  He starts back June 21st so he has about 10 days to enjoy not doing homework (It's almost over, babe, you can do it!!).

2 comments:

  1. I've seen the real Stonehenge, and I have to say I would be very interested in seeing this version of it because it makes a lot more sense to look at since it's complete. How cool, I never knew that this replica existed, I will have to check it out one day. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to be very anal when we go on trips. I research everything ahead of time so we don't miss anything...drives my husband nuts (but it makes me happy!).

    ReplyDelete